View Single Post
Old 03-16-2010, 07:09 AM   #205 (permalink)
HTP AutoWorks
Banned

Drives: G35, Jeep SRT-8
HTP AutoWorks is on a distinguished road

FricFrac I am going to be MORE than happy to reply to your above post with PROOF that the film does work. I dont know what your experience is with paint protection film but I can tell it is very limited. I have been installing film for years and have had numerous customers come back for repeat business... and why is that? Because the film does stop rock chips. If it didnt then why would the industry have lasted so long??? If it didnt do the one thing it was designed to do... then why would it still be around? Why do I have customers come spend $1800 for a full front end wrap if it doesnt work? They have had film before... so obviousley they had good results with it or they wouldnt be coming back. My Jeep SRT-8 has 83,000 miles on it and has been from California to New York and guess what, not a chip on it. But dont take my word (as I am not taking yours), here are a few examples of how well the film works.

Gravelomoter video (this is what all auto makers use to test their paint) It simulates rocks hitting the surface of the car at over 100+mph.

YouTube - Gravelometer Test

Sanblasting a hood with film on it....

YouTube - Avery Paint Protection Film - Strength Test 2

Yet another durability test... with a screw driver.

YouTube - Avery Paint Protection Film Strength Test - PRO-TECT Film

There are numerous videos proving my point... and all it takes is a quick search on google. I suggest you do some research because from what I can tell the only experience you have with a clear bra... sounds like you were sold clear vinyl and not paint protection film. It looks nearly the same yet offers no real protection against rocks. Paint protection film will stop rocks, up to a certain size (and at that point it will do body damage as well), from chipping your paint. But feel free to go on without using anything.

Last edited by HTP AutoWorks; 03-16-2010 at 07:12 AM.
HTP AutoWorks is offline   Reply With Quote