View Single Post
Old 03-16-2010, 12:34 AM   #203 (permalink)
Zsteve
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: the 2 balled club
Zsteve is a splendid one to beholdZsteve is a splendid one to beholdZsteve is a splendid one to beholdZsteve is a splendid one to beholdZsteve is a splendid one to beholdZsteve is a splendid one to beholdZsteve is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveg78 View Post
For the guys with and without paint protection products and some mileage under the belt:

Do you think getting a full hood is overkill? I am probably getting mine done this week and installer seemed to steer me away from full hood saying the kit which includes front bumper, 20% hood, partial fenders and mirrors would be sufficient. I have been staying off the highways during my break-in but I'm wondering if the 370 hood is susceptible to rock damage higher up on the hood. I mean, for the most part, where do you guys seem to find your chips appearing (besides front fascia of course). Oh yeah, what about rear panels/doors? Obviously, the price is substantially higher so finding the right balance is what I'm after.

Thanks
The cost to get the whole hood done is probably more than it would cost to paint it.

Ive also read that on darker cars its not as clear appearing as it is on lighter colors.

Last edited by Zsteve; 03-16-2010 at 12:38 AM.
Zsteve is offline   Reply With Quote