View Single Post
Old 03-15-2010, 06:26 AM   #82 (permalink)
m4a1mustang
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: on two wheels
m4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red370 View Post
Well until we get one on a dyno and see how much drivetrain loss they suffer from and what the curb weight is going to be, its all still subjective. However, with my mods and my tune, i'll try to get one at the strip ASAP, going out on a limb here, but I think i'll win, mostly because my bhp will be about the same and i'll be 300+ lbs lighter.
That's not really saying much, because you are comparing a stock 2011 to your modded Z.

FWIW, the 4.6Ls rated at 315 hp dyno between 270-280 whp (dynojet) and put down around 330 whp with intake, exhaust (CBE and HFCs) and a tune. Drivetrain loss should be similar, so expect around 355 whp stock out of a 2011.

But yeah, I don't know why anyone would buy a 2010 knowing that the 2011 was getting that much of a power increase.
LIKE us on Facebook!
m4a1mustang is offline   Reply With Quote