Thread: 370Z Newb Pwnag
View Single Post
Old 03-12-2010, 03:03 PM   #1 (permalink)
elmz
Track Member

Drives: 2014 Porsche Boxster
elmz is on a distinguished road
Default 370Z Newb Pwnag

When you first got your 370 did you have a Newb moment?

I'll go first...After a couple days of driving the car around, I had to fill it up with gas, of course. Being a 350Z owner previously, naturally, I looked for the button to open the gas lid by the VDC button. I searched up and down the car for it. I looked under the seat, next to the seat, even in the cubby holes in case it was purposely hidden for some reason. After a few minutes of searching the car, I walked out to the gas lid to inspect it, in case it could be opened manually by a finger. Needless to say, there was no finger hook or anything. So I hopped back in the car and began to scan the manual. I'm a man, I rarely look through manuals, but on this day I was defeated. I scanned through the pages hoping to quickly find it, then I realized "ha! I'll just use my iPhone and do a Google search". I scanned through the first couple of Google hits, to no avail. Then I scanned through the manual some more...then I got up out of the car and looked at the lid again...and for reasons I couldn't explain I had the sudden urge to push down on it, and Viola! it opened!
elmz is offline   Reply With Quote