View Single Post
Old 03-10-2010, 03:29 PM   #28 (permalink)
ZPirate
Track Member

Drives: 09' 370Z & 03' 350Z
ZPirate will become famous soon enough

I'll post some pictures later today. Everything went great with the install except for the rear passenger side. Apparently Nissan uses Gorillas at the factory to tighen all the nuts and bolts on the 370Z. We ended up with a cross threaded end on the hard line that runs from the caliper to the block. It was on there so tight that we could hardly get it off. It may have been cross threaded when it was installed. We ended up having to order a replacement hard line from Nissan. I'm still waiting for it to come in. Hopefully it will be here tomorrow.

As for the Challenge stainless steel brake line kit though fit and finish are first rate and it fits like a glove on the three sides that we finished. One trick though on the rear is to remove the hard line from the caliper before trying to break the hard line loose from the block on the OEM soft line. That way you can put the block in a vice and then loosen the nut on the hard line where it connects to the block.

Last edited by ZPirate; 03-10-2010 at 04:51 PM.