View Single Post
Old 03-08-2010, 09:54 PM   #196 (permalink)
FricFrac
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370Z 300ZX 280ZX 240
FricFrac has a reputation beyond reputeFricFrac has a reputation beyond reputeFricFrac has a reputation beyond reputeFricFrac has a reputation beyond reputeFricFrac has a reputation beyond reputeFricFrac has a reputation beyond reputeFricFrac has a reputation beyond reputeFricFrac has a reputation beyond reputeFricFrac has a reputation beyond reputeFricFrac has a reputation beyond reputeFricFrac has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via ICQ to FricFrac

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTP AutoWorks View Post
That is ridiculous to even post that. You are in Canada and I am in Texas. Like I am going to repair your paint damage if you get any rock chips. I wont even have any clue on whether you actually get film installed in the first place... and wouldn't put it past you to damage your own bumper just to make a claim. Look you need to read my posts above before making another post. Your only making yourself look bad here. Film has been around for about 20 years... and if it didn't work people wouldn't still be buying it. DO SOME RESEARCH. Its very simple. Type the word "clear bra" into Google and read up on a topic before you go making claims.

And to be honest I could care less wehter you get it or not. I have no financial gain to make from you... so go ahead and live with rock chips. I will sleep well tonight either way. But if you want to learn a little something and keep your car looking new, then join these discussions ask good questions and listen... not make comments on something you do not have a clue about.
Of course its ridiculous to expect any kind of warranty that this film will STOP rock chips on your car because it can't. It is very good at protecting your car and PREVENTING rock chips but it will not stop them. I know this and so do you which is exactly why it is ridiculous to expect any kind of warranty that states this will stop rock chips or dings. Anyone with a rudimentary knowledge of physics or even a little insight to the forces of nature will know that the film is not capable of stopping all force exerted on the front of the film from being transfered to the back of the film. If it did everyone would be using this for body Armour instead of Kevlar. That is precisely my point which you completely missed.

Now for you to state that I would intentionally damage my own bumper is nothing short of offensive. I am an honest person and I work diligently to be honest. For you to make such an unfounded statement is plain rude. Do you always treat strangers this way or just under the veil of anonymity of the Internet? You would think with the economy the way it is a professional business man would conduct themselves with some form of professionalism. It is good for everyone here in the state of Texas to see how you conduct yourself before they are accused by you of intentionally damaging the film if they have a problem with your product.

So once again to recap - this film will not stop rock chips. I think its important for the people on the forum doing research to know this. If they think that by putting the film on they will not have any chips or dings from flying rocks and spend $1000+ they will be sorely disappointed to possibly find the odd chip or ding. It is also important to know that the film is extremely resilient and will prevent the majority of rock chips from damaging your car. I highly recommend it. I'm happy with it on my 370Z and I'll be putting it on my 240Z when I repaint the air dam and my 280ZX when it's repainted.

Oh and here's some proof that it doesn't STOP rock damage.... (there were three rock chips before the clear bra was applied but I did not take pictures of those chips regardless of what you may infer HTP AutoWorks).

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Chip 1.jpg (270.1 KB, 162 views)
File Type: jpg Chip 2.jpg (479.9 KB, 162 views)
File Type: jpg Chip 3.jpg (468.1 KB, 159 views)