View Single Post
Old 03-07-2010, 06:08 PM   #33 (permalink)
theDreamer
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370z
theDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOLIO 671 View Post
I know that the H-Configuration "Nismo" Exhaust is said to place an additional 18HP to the already 332HP Motor....Thereby advertising the Nismo Edition 370Z to have 350HP....This however is less than actual WHP. From what I've read on this site, there are other Aftermarket Exhaust Systems that produce more WHP for the Z than the Nismo Exhaust.

The reason why you can't find any "Nismo" stuff online yet or on their site is because from what I heard, "Nismo" is still in the process of R&D for this car...Also a friend who works at Nissan told me that "Nismo" won't release any aftermarkets for the 370Z anytime soon...Reason being is that if they were to offer their "Nismo" aftermarkets for the Z, then Nissan's sales of the "Nismo" would drop...this is supposidely an agreement that "Nismo" and Nissan made....makes sense...I mean why would you buy a "Nismo" Z when you could buy a base or sports package for less and buy the afterrmarket "Nismo's" later at a cheaper price then buying the Nismo package?
Actually the +18 is from the exhaust & tune.
You can buy the Nismo parts already, but they are extremely overpriced that if you want Nismo parts you need to just buy it from a dealership first. Nissan Motorsport might still be working on more parts.
theDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote