View Single Post
Old 03-07-2010, 06:09 AM   #192 (permalink)
HTP AutoWorks
Banned

Drives: G35, Jeep SRT-8
HTP AutoWorks is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZYGOTE View Post
Fwiw, the clearbra films are not the be all, end all. I had the clearbra on my previous vehicle and will never get one again. Before I sold the car, the buyer asked me to remove the film and upon doing so, not only was the paint where the film was brighter than the rest of the car - but there were several areas where rocks had penetrated through the bra and damaged the paint. I can guarantee that if all the 370 owners pulled off their clearbras right now, 99% would find damage underneath.

The product does have some merits, but it will not make your car invincible from damage, only minimize it some areas.
99%. Interesting. So your say paint protection film has a 99% failure rate. How in the world would paint protection film manufacturers stay in business with a 99% failure rate??? Again its not bullet proof... and if a rock is big enough it will damage your bumper. But it would do EVEN MORE damage had you not had the film. And as far as the paint being "brighter" the film is optically clear, so it doesn not block UV rays. The only reason why the paint under the film would be brighter is if you didnt properly take care of the uncovered surfaces of the car... and your paint was oxidizing. The brighter paint was actually what your car looked like when you first got it. So I am guessing there was some length of time there where you were not properly taking care of the paint... thus causing it to look dull. So why is that a mark against having film???

Look people if you dont want it, dont get it. But there are thousands of posts out there of people praising film and how it has saved their paint. You would be hard pressed finding a Ferrari, Lambo, Porsche driving down the road without it... unless they do not have access to an installer (and in that case they will fly one in to install film... I went to 37 states last year for installation work). So there is a reason why they are paying good money to have it done. Because it works... and more than just 1% of the time.
HTP AutoWorks is offline   Reply With Quote