View Single Post
Old 03-06-2010, 10:54 AM   #187 (permalink)
FricFrac
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370Z 300ZX 280ZX 240
FricFrac has a reputation beyond reputeFricFrac has a reputation beyond reputeFricFrac has a reputation beyond reputeFricFrac has a reputation beyond reputeFricFrac has a reputation beyond reputeFricFrac has a reputation beyond reputeFricFrac has a reputation beyond reputeFricFrac has a reputation beyond reputeFricFrac has a reputation beyond reputeFricFrac has a reputation beyond reputeFricFrac has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via ICQ to FricFrac

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTP AutoWorks View Post
You know normally I do not reply to posts where the individual is clueless as to what they are talking about, but this time I need to step in an correct this statement. Paint protection film was designed for millitary use on aircraft. It will EASILY stop a stone at 50 mph from reaching the paint. In fact, here is a video that shows rocks being projected at speeds of well over 100mph at a painted steel plate. Watch it and learn something. Notice no tearing in the film and no damage to the paint on the protected surfaces.

YouTube - 3M Gravelometer

I personally have had clients take their car down to the Texas Mile where they are runnning at speeds over 200mph and they are not getting any damage on their vehicle. A lot of my customers track their vehicles (at speeds I am sure are over 50mph) and guess what??? No rock chips. Yes you can potentially get a rock chip where you dont have film... but you typically tend to cover areas where you get the most damage. If that isnt enough, well get the entire hood, entire fenders, bumper, rocker panels, rear wheel impact areas wrapped and dont worry about it. The install will cost much less than having those areas repainted and you wont have to worry about having the paint matched, being without your vehicle while being painted, and having to repaint again once the chips start accumulating.

I really suggest you do some research before you get on here making ridiculous statements thats are based on uneducated opinion... not facts. A google search will bring up numerous videos, test results, and customer comments backing up how well the film holds up.
I'm clueless? That's a bold statement - but since I'm so ignorant would you care to back that up with a guarantee? I'm always a little leary about people who have a financial intrest posting on a hobbiest web page. I'm sure if this is the miracle film you claim it is you would never need to pay out a claim. Giving a guarantee would only bring you more business and make you even more money since you should never have to pay out. So are you willing to personally back up your statement and tell me that you'll pay for any rock damage under any 3M film I get applied on my car?