View Single Post
Old 02-28-2010, 12:28 PM   #272 (permalink)
Greed
Base Member

Drives: 2009 370z 01/18/09
Greed is on a distinguished road

Thanks!

The diffuser is actually constructed out of rubber. It attaches to the underside of the bumper and extends back to the engine's plastic undertray, where it is also attached.

The install is very simple if you have all the parts. In addition to the bumper itself, the diffuser is essential -- you simply gotta have it. You'll also need fender liners (or protectors). I don't really know what Nissan calls them but this diagram shows you the pieces I'm referring to. Those two parts the lines I drew are pointing to are the "fender liners." Without them, you'll have an ugly gap in your wheel well b/c the Nismo front bumper is wider than stock.

Now, back when my install was done, the fender liners, which cost about 120.00 per set (about 240.00 to cover both sides) were not available in the USA so I would have to order them direct from Japan, which could mean unpredictably lengthy delivery times. So I opted to have the body shop fabricate some pieces to do the same job. This turned out great, so I probably saved a little money on that.

Otherwise, no problems. The Nismo is a 370Z, just like yours. The Nismo parts fit the stock car just fine. You don't need any extra hardware really.

Hope that answered your question.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg nismo front diagram.jpg (35.0 KB, 71 views)

Last edited by Greed; 03-01-2010 at 02:49 PM.
Greed is offline   Reply With Quote