View Single Post
Old 02-25-2010, 10:26 AM   #32 (permalink)
Slynky
Track Member

Drives: 2010 Red 370Z T/S/N
Slynky will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldGuy View Post
Yes, unfortunately, I for one am almost too scared to drive my new Z also. Mine is still showroom perfect with only a few hundred miles on it and in my garage and I will hold my breath each time I take it out (after the weather improves). I got full clear bra and a body shop on call and we'll hope for the best. I just don't want to wind up like my neighbor who bought a special edition Corvette 5 or 6 years ago and simply pulls it out onto his driveway and sits in a lawn chair all day looking at it! He has put no more than a thousand miles or so on that car over at least 5 years! What a shame as someday his time will come and some less caring buying will have all the fun.
Sounds like we're similar. Don't want to let it sit and be perfect but don't want to put it in "harm's way". I find I follow much further behind cars now than I did in my RSX. Still comptemplating clear bra but worried I'm just swapping chipped paint for something that will (after a few years) become two different shades of red (at the cost of $700 !). I've already toothpicked up my single paint chip on the front).

BTW, someone told me I wasn't the oldest guy on here. Said there was some guy here in his 60s. Considering your nick, that wouldn't be you would it?

A veteran is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America," for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Slynky is offline   Reply With Quote