View Single Post
Old 10-16-2024, 05:27 PM   #24 (permalink)
prandelia
Base Member

Drives: 2014 Nismo 370Z
prandelia has a reputation beyond reputeprandelia has a reputation beyond reputeprandelia has a reputation beyond reputeprandelia has a reputation beyond reputeprandelia has a reputation beyond reputeprandelia has a reputation beyond reputeprandelia has a reputation beyond reputeprandelia has a reputation beyond reputeprandelia has a reputation beyond reputeprandelia has a reputation beyond reputeprandelia has a reputation beyond repute

I'm wondering if we could install an ABS pump/module from a 400Z? Which doesn't seem to have the same ABS issues at the track if you brake too hard, and/or have a little lock in the wheel (i.e. 4 wheel lockups that cause crashes).

I'm a club racer, tons of experience driving, know how to brake, have all the yaw sensor deletes, TC off on my car and I've flat spotted all 4 tires twice from the ABS freaking out and locking up. The ABS program in our cars is awful if you are really pushing it, you simply cannot push things in the brake zones. That's a problem for a track car. Sure certain tracks have those problematic corners, but I've done it twice at two different home tracks. Admittedly, I was trying to replicate it the second time on a corner I know was safe to brake late, and whammo, full 4 wheel lockup. Explain to me how that is possible when your car has ABS? LOL.
prandelia is offline   Reply With Quote