View Single Post
Old 10-12-2024, 11:34 AM   #377 (permalink)
Tractionless
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '10 K23 ST 7AT
Tractionless has a reputation beyond reputeTractionless has a reputation beyond reputeTractionless has a reputation beyond reputeTractionless has a reputation beyond reputeTractionless has a reputation beyond reputeTractionless has a reputation beyond reputeTractionless has a reputation beyond reputeTractionless has a reputation beyond reputeTractionless has a reputation beyond reputeTractionless has a reputation beyond reputeTractionless has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by nis350 View Post
any update?
I applied it this week during some downtime due to the hurricane.

I suggest only using the filler inside the actual crack as it smooths out the dash's OE grain pattern. You'll need to carefully mask along the crack then fill in just the crack without running over onto the dash surface. Because I didn't, you can see the limits of where I used the filler which are finger-wide widths on the dash surface. Additionally, the crack wasn't "erased". I didn't have the sticky dash issue in these areas as it's the vertical end of the dash where the door cards meet up. I'll gladly respond to emails with pics. of my cracking repairs. Tractionless@comcast.net

I did some of the coating under my dash mat and it did seem to calm down the sticky look and feel issue; however, I didn't remove the entire dash mat as I prefer the micro-suede look over the OE dash anyway.