View Single Post
Old 10-11-2024, 03:34 AM   #4477 (permalink)
filip00
Track Member

Drives: 370z pack
filip00 has a reputation beyond reputefilip00 has a reputation beyond reputefilip00 has a reputation beyond reputefilip00 has a reputation beyond reputefilip00 has a reputation beyond reputefilip00 has a reputation beyond reputefilip00 has a reputation beyond reputefilip00 has a reputation beyond reputefilip00 has a reputation beyond reputefilip00 has a reputation beyond reputefilip00 has a reputation beyond repute

Excuse my naive question here, but are there any statistics on the construction type and materials vs the damage caused? Like, in Europe, especially on some coastal areas where the weather can get really bad, people build concrete houses, huge heavy foundations, so that if the worst comes, the roof will fly off, but that's it. These houses stand for not decades, but centuries, and there's no worry that it could get destroyed, other than maybe in a flood.
I know in USA the construction tends to be more of a short-life solution based on the materials used, so just wondering, would that make a difference? At least while building shelters?

Also, my condolences to anyone hit by the devastation