View Single Post
Old 10-01-2024, 10:46 AM   #5 (permalink)
Woody556
Base Member

Drives: 12 370Z BS M6
Woody556 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spooler View Post
I am trying to remember what I did. I had the exact same problem. I changed the fob battery first, and then it gets fuzzy. I think I installed a new battery in the car. It was back in 2020 or 2021. Wish I could remember. I still had the factory battery.
Fortunately the guy I got the car from was extremely generous and replaced the tires and battery before I bought it from him and that was only 5 years ago so I would imagine it's still okay. It reads 14.5 constantly and I never see any fluctuating, but it's definitely been a possibility in my mind

I did fix the car dying on start up. It was the dirty manifold issue that I've read about in a few places. Cleaned those out and it hasn't had a problem since

I still haven't replaced the switch, but I did try just being more patient when turning the car on and it's consistently been working. I used to be able to just clutch, press, car starts in one motion. Now I sit down, wait a couple seconds, press clutch and wait, then press the start button and it turns on. Figured I'd let that ride for a while to see if it fails on me doing it this way before swapping the switch
Woody556 is offline   Reply With Quote