View Single Post
Old 09-13-2024, 03:59 PM   #10 (permalink)
Jhill
Track Member

Drives: 2013 370z sport
Jhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond repute

Ok so some interesting information maybe already known. Spoke to carbotech and z1. Apparently z1 says they recommend xp12/10 as the combo for the 370z. Don’t know when they changed that recommendation because they originally recommended me xp10/8. Anyway talking to carbotech got me more information, rep there was very knowledgeable and suspects they didn’t bed properly which admittedly I don’t think I did right either. Apparently they need to get hot to the point of fade and then let cool off. I did a bunch of hard stops on street etc but I wouldn’t say I ever got to fade point. So he suspects either they didn’t bed properly and then once they got to true temp they left deposits in the rotors or option b they overheated and left deposits in the rotors, also says Laguna is one of the hardest tracks on brakes so it’s possible I need a higher heat. But he’s confident the pads can be swapped without issue so says after turning the rotors now the pads have been bedded he doesn’t suspect I’ll have issues and also to monitor the temps at the track day and if I go out of range then I’ll want to jump up to xp12. Also said he’d recommend buying the pre bedded pad option in the future so I don’t have to deal with worrying about bedding them properly. Will be bringing my 2900deg no contact thermometer to see what I’m actually hitting.

I also found this list pretty interesting. The blue ndx do sound like a viable option if these don’t work for me, unless I’m hitting too high heat as my issue then I’ll need xp12.

https://www.wunderladenracing.com/bl...rake-pad-guide

Last edited by Jhill; 09-13-2024 at 04:09 PM.
Jhill is offline   Reply With Quote