View Single Post
Old 09-12-2024, 04:04 PM   #7 (permalink)
filip00
Track Member

Drives: 370z pack
filip00 has a reputation beyond reputefilip00 has a reputation beyond reputefilip00 has a reputation beyond reputefilip00 has a reputation beyond reputefilip00 has a reputation beyond reputefilip00 has a reputation beyond reputefilip00 has a reputation beyond reputefilip00 has a reputation beyond reputefilip00 has a reputation beyond reputefilip00 has a reputation beyond reputefilip00 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z is 4 ZEBRA! View Post
I use the RP-X as well and have been happy with them; however, you may trigger ice mode. I found that moving to RP-1 in the rear solved this issue for me. They on the car 100% of the time and work quite well on the street without any excessive noise although they dust quite a bit. Solid track pad as well. They last me about 5 hours of track time for front pads, about double that for the rears.

Another option for OP would be the Powerstop Track Day (spec) pads. Great dual duty pad and apparently they have specific compounds for each application. I did not run into any issues using the Spec compound front and rear.

Please explain what do you mean by ice mode?
Also, I ordered RPX for front and back.