View Single Post
Old 09-12-2024, 09:06 AM   #6 (permalink)
Z is 4 ZEBRA!
Base Member

Drives: 40th Nissan 370z
Z is 4 ZEBRA! has a reputation beyond reputeZ is 4 ZEBRA! has a reputation beyond reputeZ is 4 ZEBRA! has a reputation beyond reputeZ is 4 ZEBRA! has a reputation beyond reputeZ is 4 ZEBRA! has a reputation beyond reputeZ is 4 ZEBRA! has a reputation beyond reputeZ is 4 ZEBRA! has a reputation beyond reputeZ is 4 ZEBRA! has a reputation beyond reputeZ is 4 ZEBRA! has a reputation beyond reputeZ is 4 ZEBRA! has a reputation beyond reputeZ is 4 ZEBRA! has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by filip00 View Post
I used EBC Bluestuff (NDX) and they are neither too aggressive nor too weak for the street. They bite well, you can be gentle on the brakes and they work well.
After a good bedding procedure they will not fade, they work extremely well on the track.

However...they could let you get carried away. I track my car and I have these pads and they don't fade....and if you heat them up a lot, they will wear down very quickly. This weekend we were doing a lot of mountain driving and I managed to grind my pads down to the end, although they had less than 10.000 miles. This of course, scratched the rotors, so now for new pads, I'm not sure I want them on these rotors. So I went to order a full set now.

This time I ordered a full on race setup - EBC RP-X pads front and back, as well as DBA 5000 T3 rotors. The coefficient of friction when cold is the same as the EBC bluestuff, meaning they will perform well on the street, but they should be flawless on the track, so let's see.

It says they're not street legal - well, not gonna go into that discussion.
I use the RP-X as well and have been happy with them; however, you may trigger ice mode. I found that moving to RP-1 in the rear solved this issue for me. They on the car 100% of the time and work quite well on the street without any excessive noise although they dust quite a bit. Solid track pad as well. They last me about 5 hours of track time for front pads, about double that for the rears.

Another option for OP would be the Powerstop Track Day (spec) pads. Great dual duty pad and apparently they have specific compounds for each application. I did not run into any issues using the Spec compound front and rear.
Z is 4 ZEBRA! is offline   Reply With Quote