View Single Post
Old 09-11-2024, 06:42 PM   #1 (permalink)
Woody556
Base Member

Drives: 12 370Z BS M6
Woody556 is on a distinguished road
Default Failure to Start on Single Button Push (2012 6mt Touring 44k Miles)

This has been going on for a little over a month, maybe two now. I used to be able to hold the clutch and single press, or hold, the push-to-start button and the car would simply turn on. Now I'm experiencing this

It doesn't consistently act like this either. Sometimes it will turn on from one push. However when it does act like this in the video, the engine almost always dies within a couple seconds of turning on. And not just a lower RPM, but it sputters to stay alive (you may be able to hear just how close it gets to dying in the video). I can give it gas and then there's no problem. It also seems to take longer for the orange "Clutch Down" symbol to show up on the left side of the dash than it used to. I may just be remembering wrong, but it feels like that used to pop up almost immediately when getting in the car. I've also noticed that very infrequently when I unlock the car and get near the door, the orange side dash will show the key inserting into the fobgina before even opening the door. I don't think it ever did this before, nor do I have any idea why it would do that.

I have two fobs, I have tried both with new batteries in each. I checked on the switches for the clutch pedal and adjusted the clutch-down switch as it felt like it wasn't being pushed in far enough. My battery reads at slightly above 14v. The car has no problem going to ACC or ON. If I go to ON first, then push the clutch and click the button again, it turns on no problem. I've never had the infamous yellow intelligent key light pop up, but I have been reading on it and so far I don't think my symptoms match up with it but I could be wrong. Once the car is on, it runs completely fine and there are 0 issues.

Does anyone have any idea on what else this could be? Do I need a new clutch-down switch? A new push-start switch? Is it the intelligent key problem showing early signs? Hopefully someone out there has an idea because this has been killing me
Woody556 is offline   Reply With Quote