View Single Post
Old 09-11-2024, 04:05 PM   #2 (permalink)
filip00
Track Member

Drives: 370z pack
filip00 has a reputation beyond reputefilip00 has a reputation beyond reputefilip00 has a reputation beyond reputefilip00 has a reputation beyond reputefilip00 has a reputation beyond reputefilip00 has a reputation beyond reputefilip00 has a reputation beyond reputefilip00 has a reputation beyond reputefilip00 has a reputation beyond reputefilip00 has a reputation beyond reputefilip00 has a reputation beyond repute

I used EBC Bluestuff (NDX) and they are neither too aggressive nor too weak for the street. They bite well, you can be gentle on the brakes and they work well.
After a good bedding procedure they will not fade, they work extremely well on the track.

However...they could let you get carried away. I track my car and I have these pads and they don't fade....and if you heat them up a lot, they will wear down very quickly. This weekend we were doing a lot of mountain driving and I managed to grind my pads down to the end, although they had less than 10.000 miles. This of course, scratched the rotors, so now for new pads, I'm not sure I want them on these rotors. So I went to order a full set now.

This time I ordered a full on race setup - EBC RP-X pads front and back, as well as DBA 5000 T3 rotors. The coefficient of friction when cold is the same as the EBC bluestuff, meaning they will perform well on the street, but they should be flawless on the track, so let's see.

It says they're not street legal - well, not gonna go into that discussion.