View Single Post
Old 09-11-2024, 02:03 PM   #1 (permalink)
Jhill
Track Member

Drives: 2013 370z sport
Jhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond reputeJhill has a reputation beyond repute
Default Anyone tried EBC blue or alternatives

So I’ve been using carbotech 1521 on street and xp10/8 for track and I’ve been very happy with them but the only issue is even though supposedly their compounds are cross compatible it seems every time I swap back and forth shortly after I get brake vibration and shimmy. I know it should just be deposits on rotor but even after hard braking trying to clean and re seat them it won’t go away so I have to resurface the rotors again. Swapping pads back and forth wouldn’t be such a big deal if not for having to resurface the rotors every time. I even switched to two piece rotors hoping it was maybe just heat but it doesn’t seem so, I can do the rack event and continue to use the xp10/8 and have no issues until I swap back and re bed the 1521 then it’s an issue. So looking for an alternative that I can use 99% street and the 1-3 track days a year. It’s not my daily driver anymore either so I’m tempted to just leav the xp10/8 full time but they’re are quiet aggressive for street use and realistically even a bit much for my tires on track but I’d rather have brakes than have them overheat and disappear on me at track events. So I’m seeing the EBC blue are a track rated pad but also not so aggressive they can’t be used on street (maybe). There’s two compounds as well so maybe the blue ndx front and blue medium in rear or just ndx front and rear if they’re not as aggressive as carbotech.

Anyway has anyone found a better one pad do it all solution out there? I don’t mind the power and feel of the 1521 I just don’t know if they’d handle the heat for track sessions.
Jhill is offline   Reply With Quote