Thread: 2024 Formula 1
View Single Post
Old 08-16-2024, 03:50 PM   #122 (permalink)
ZCanadian
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2013 370Z
ZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZCanadian View Post
Not my opinion - that of Spanish journalist, F1 reporter, and television presenter Antonio Lobato ... but it makes for interesting reading (and the Ferrari 2019 or was it 2020 debacle would make this somewhat believable):
Yeah, I'm "that guy" - I quoted myself. LOL.

But it might be relevant in that today there are reports / rumours that the RB (or at least Max's car) had a differential braking system installed on the rear axle, that was discovered and removed after China (coincidentally when we saw some performance reductions from his car).

The conjecture was an asymmetric braking valve operated by G forces, that allowed more brake force (fluid) to travel to the inside rear caliper, thus improving rotation. Great idea. I have no idea if this is fact or not. Coincidentally (so I have read in posts) this exact system is now banned as of the summer break this year.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Red Bull Valve 1.jpg (269.8 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg Red Bull Valve 3.jpg (153.7 KB, 3 views)
ZCanadian is offline   Reply With Quote