View Single Post
Old 08-14-2024, 12:56 PM   #26 (permalink)
ZoomZ
Track Member

Drives: 17' 370Z Nismo
ZoomZ has a reputation beyond reputeZoomZ has a reputation beyond reputeZoomZ has a reputation beyond reputeZoomZ has a reputation beyond reputeZoomZ has a reputation beyond reputeZoomZ has a reputation beyond reputeZoomZ has a reputation beyond reputeZoomZ has a reputation beyond reputeZoomZ has a reputation beyond reputeZoomZ has a reputation beyond reputeZoomZ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaghetti999 View Post
UPDATE: I removed the trans and installed the new clutch kit myself but could not get the trans/engine mated together, gave up after 8 hours. My mechanic just put everything back for me, CMAK Delete kit, OEM CMC etc. Fresh fluids, clutch/trans

one thing...car drives great, already $7000 sunk into this. Nightmare is...i felt clutch pedal vibrations randomly already when shifting around 3k-4k rpms...I am worried. It's the same problem from the previous install/failed kit. I contacted JWT when my previous kit and csc failed after only 4k miles and he said this ..."there is an air gap between that sleeve and the disc's hub. So the piston on the CSC was pushed so far forward that it broke the clip off and pushed it onto the disc's hub.* At that point the piston and bearing are no longer contained on the body of the CSC and the hydraulic*seals no longer work.Over travel issues can be caused by problems with the master cylinder*and or the adjustment of the clutch pedal's travel and free play."

Can someone translate this to a noob? Did my previous fresh setup fail because of lack of adjustment to the master cylinder and clutch pedal. Am I now experiencing the same issues and will require adjustment?
There is a sweet spot where you must push up on engine even if transmission looks aligned. Obvioulsy two people are require for this.

As for new clutch vibrations. Give it time to break in. Drive gently for first 1000km (normal shifts etc) Let eveything work in, including CMC and Slave cylinder.