View Single Post
Old 08-09-2024, 08:15 AM   #7 (permalink)
nasm
Base Member

Drives: 370z Sport A7 2014
nasm is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by OptionZero View Post
I don't know how much work you do on your car but you really should get under there and look at all the suspension when you have a chance

the suspension arms SPL makes include spherical bushings that replace the rubber bushings at all the attachment points. Thats part of the reason for getting them

There are also bushings in places where there is no replacement arm. For those spots, SPL also makes a spherical bushing replacement but those require the old bushing pressed out

Lastly, there are bushings on your steering rack (IIRC, only Parts Shop Max makes a metal upgrade) and subframe (urethane and metal upgrades available by a variety of places)

If your car has relatively low mileage, there is no point in replacing specific bushings or subframe beyond the arm, as your stock bushings should still be fine. If you eventually commit to doing more track car things, there is value in replacing more bushings both to replace worn out parts AND to get the benefits of less flex, more feel.
Thank you so much OptionZero, this is what I was looking for. What bushes do I need to consider besides replacing the arms.
God bless you.
NAS

Sent from my SM-S928B using Tapatalk
Sold: A7 370z 2014 - Stillen Catback - Testpipes - UpRev - Dropin filters - Silicon intake pipes - BC racing coil overs - Z1 Subframe collars - Z1 Engine and Trans Mounts - Oil cooler - CatchCan - Z1 brake lines. Now: I am building another car
nasm is offline   Reply With Quote