View Single Post
Old 07-25-2024, 01:01 PM   #6438 (permalink)
OptionZero
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 15 370Z Nismo 6MT
OptionZero has a reputation beyond reputeOptionZero has a reputation beyond reputeOptionZero has a reputation beyond reputeOptionZero has a reputation beyond reputeOptionZero has a reputation beyond reputeOptionZero has a reputation beyond reputeOptionZero has a reputation beyond reputeOptionZero has a reputation beyond reputeOptionZero has a reputation beyond reputeOptionZero has a reputation beyond reputeOptionZero has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, a number of our veteran users here have OS Giken. Check out the track section and search for "giken" and you should get a bunch of feedback.

It does heat up so it needs a diff cooler. Hardware isn't that bad it seems, but some wiring is needed. You can do an on/off switch or attach it to a temp sensor to trigger at a certain mark. All told, it's another $1,000 on top of the diff, plus you have to use OS Giken fluid and change it every year or so.

Performance wise, it's awesome, but effort is high.

Wavetrack is a compromise. Drop it in, no cooler needed, fluid doesn't need to be swapped nearly as often, and streetable.

I have a VLSD (came with the nismo), which is fine for now since I'm still learning. Next season I will look into stepping up to Wavetrac or OS Giken.

I think I saw you at Thunder Hill - were you at Speed SF earlier in July?