View Single Post
Old 07-25-2024, 10:52 AM   #1042 (permalink)
gbrettin
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Tricycle
gbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond repute

Trying to figure out placement for my power steering pump and I believe the perfect spot is where my rear sump pan use to be. The pump will be in perfect proximity of the rack. I have a remote reservoir that I can mount somewhere on the passenger side
Heads came back from the machine shop. I'm part owner of a hydraulic press at Auto Dynamix so I'm going to crimp all the lines... everywhere. I'm going to weld the metal bracket to an L piece of metal and then bolt that to the k-member. Access should be simple with the car on a hoist.

Heads came back from the machine shop so I started assembly. It wasn't bad because I've been down the road a few times. However, it was brought to my attention that gasket isn't 7 layer MLS. The gasket went on WAY too easy and didn't seem right... well, that's why. No worries! I talked to Paul with BTR and he is overnighting me the correct 7 layer gasket. Minor setback but it's better to find the error with the engine already out vs before pushing coolant under 25lbs+ boost (which is quite normal for small displacement engine like mine).

Good news here: The cylinder heads are on the block so I don't have to worry about the cylinders being exposed under a plastic bag. It bothered me.

One cool thing that I found that Baker Engineering did for my block was they stamped the assembly date into the short block.

With all that said... I'm going to continue to work on my car in-between work and class. The level of effort will be pretty low and I'll be able to walk away from the project easily. Small progress chunks only.

gbrettin is offline   Reply With Quote