View Single Post
Old 07-22-2024, 02:39 AM   #10 (permalink)
BGTV8
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 Nissan 370Z M6
BGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by obender66 View Post
Thank you all for comments. I did not supervise the tech when corner balance was done-I hope that all the proper steps about disconnecting sway bars were followed. Alignment was done in the same shop immediately after corner balance. Shop owner is a time attack champion and well respected in Toronto.

By "large margin" I mean 1.5-2 seconds off the pace per 85 second lap on fresh tires. V730 is slower than A520, but not by that much. I managed 1.2417 lap after I put front sway bar to "soft" (previous track day's best was 1.24.9-same weather, 2 weeks apart, front bar at "hard"). Still, car felt "difficult". My best lap on A052 and "butt corner balance" was 1.227 (front and rear sway bars at "soft")
Tires are fresh, installed about 2 months ago.

BGTV8-could you please elaborate on bolded out section? Can more bar at the rear result in more understeer-I thought it was the opposite?

Looked over my alignment sheets. Yes, I lost front camber after corner balance
Before CB L-1.8, R -2.0
After CB L -1.2 R-1.6 (makes no sense as L side is lower)
on A052 "butt balance"
L-1.6, R -1.9.

Thank you again!
Introducing understeer implies you have, prima facie, induced additional grip at the rear that has the front out of balance OR the change resulted in less grip at the front somehow.

You have 2 options, you can stiffen the rear bar to kill some of that extra grip OR you can soften the front bar to add some grip at front.

You could also drop the pressures at the front OR add pressure at the rear.

You can also play with the bump at the front (make the front shock softer) or stiffen the rear shock in bump to shift the balance to the front.

You could also lower the ride height at the front to increase front grip and change the balance

Since the handling change came about after the corner-weighting, it is reasonable to assume that might be the root cause BUT you also had new tyres - have you run the new tyres before the corner weighting session as now you have 2 potential root causes (are there any others) .....

Happy to continue the chat via PM if you'd like, but I don't get back here all that often.
BGTV8 is offline   Reply With Quote