View Single Post
Old 07-18-2024, 04:33 PM   #64 (permalink)
Averying
Enthusiast Member

Drives: '09 370Z, '03 G35
Averying has a reputation beyond reputeAverying has a reputation beyond reputeAverying has a reputation beyond reputeAverying has a reputation beyond reputeAverying has a reputation beyond reputeAverying has a reputation beyond reputeAverying has a reputation beyond reputeAverying has a reputation beyond reputeAverying has a reputation beyond reputeAverying has a reputation beyond reputeAverying has a reputation beyond repute

As others have said.. doesn’t matter if you go divorced or true. True might be easier to adjust ride height, but both can give you identical performance.

How much do you want to lower the car by? If you’re serious about “performance” I wouldn’t recommend a large drop, or else you’ll throw off the camber curves and have a greater chance of rubbing tire. You’ll also need more parts to get back in alignment spec.

If you’re budget limited, stick to a 1” MAX drop. You can use eccentric bolts for toe and camber and get everything in spec. This is significantly cheaper than buying SPL toe and camber arms, eccentric lockout plates, etc…

If you’ve got the money to drop, go with SPL. High quality stuff, easy to adjust, won’t ever break, but it’s not necessary.

My experience: BC divorced coilovers, PLM eccentric bolts for camber and toe. Done 3 track days and 10+ Autox events without any slip in the PLM eccentric bolts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2009 Sport Touring | Platinum Graphite | GTM Stage 1 Supercharger | BC BR Coilovers | Hotchkis Swaybar | Z1 FUCAs | AME TM-02 Wheels | Z1 2-piece Front Rotors | Z1 Clutch & Flywheel | Invidia Gemini Catback | GTM Resonated Test Pipes
Averying is offline   Reply With Quote