View Single Post
Old 07-16-2024, 03:56 AM   #6429 (permalink)
filip00
Track Member

Drives: 370z pack
filip00 has a reputation beyond reputefilip00 has a reputation beyond reputefilip00 has a reputation beyond reputefilip00 has a reputation beyond reputefilip00 has a reputation beyond reputefilip00 has a reputation beyond reputefilip00 has a reputation beyond reputefilip00 has a reputation beyond reputefilip00 has a reputation beyond reputefilip00 has a reputation beyond reputefilip00 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rjk370z View Post
From what i read if you are going to keep the pinon gear the same then just put the new lsd in with the same spacers that came out. Ive heard some people doing this and have no issues at all. But yes. I agree if you want to be most accurate its best to check the backlash. The shop I spoke to said he measures all those tolerances.

After all the monies spent. Best to get it done right.
That is not true. You are assuming that the lsd unit is exactly the same width on both sides from the center, which isn't necessarily the case. The unit itself may be well made, but you can't blindly trust it fits these criteria up front. It could, but if not, it will eventually damage the final drive.