View Single Post
Old 07-08-2024, 04:52 PM   #22 (permalink)
obender66
Base Member

Drives: 2016 370Z Base 6M GM
obender66 is on a distinguished road

Just noticed the thread...I went through a lot of issues with JWT CS installed.
Stock CSC went out at 60K km. I installed ACT street clutch and flywheel with JWT CSC.
In a about 15K I started getting hard shifts and no gears at stand still. Shop blamed it on the clutch and I went with Exedy OEM. Same issues after short while, dirty fluid, hard shifts or no gears.
Adjusting pedal travel and bleeding the system helped for couple of weeks and then problem would come back.

What I noticed is that gears would shift better with clutch pedal only halfway in. I adjusted pedal travel (lost cruise control and got "key" light, but that I was aware how to fix)-got better, but would still have "bad days". Or no gears upon startup-not even reverse.

So few weeks ago I bit the bullet and installed Z1 CSC elimination V2 and new Exedy OEM clutch. Old Exedy had no wear and now I have a spare clutch. JWT CSC looks fine, no leaks, no wear marks or gouging. I do not know why it did not work...maybe there was some twist around shaft axis, or some fluid expansion within the cylinder.

My suggestion-ditch CSC set up and go for elimination kit once and for all. I had 3 clutch jobs in 3 years, that is f...$$$!

Last edited by obender66; 07-08-2024 at 07:33 PM.
obender66 is offline   Reply With Quote