View Single Post
Old 07-03-2024, 05:54 PM   #1 (permalink)
Largeski
Base Member

Drives: 370z
Largeski is on a distinguished road
Default Figuring Ebc control of wastegate and which ports to use/block

Hey guys another ebc/wastegate plumbing question.

Basically I was having an overboost issue and found I had a port blocked on the top and wouldn’t allow the gate to open. Once I vented to atmosphere it allowed the gate to open and issue aborted.

Now im having the reverse problem that I can’t make boost more than the wastegate pressure. I ve researched a bit in terms of the actual plumbing of the ports on the wastegate and can’t find much.

Here’s what I know and what I think the fix is if you can let me know what you think.

On the top of the Tial gates there is 2 air ports, I originally had 1 blocked and the other running to the solenoid. The gate wasn’t opening and I think with the one port blocked the gate was pressurized and wouldn’t open (hence the over boost issue). I opened the blocked port and the gate was running perfect for spring pressure and low boost (basically spring pressure). Now the gate doesn’t seem to build pressure to keep the spring shut until the desired amount. (Guessing the pressure is bleeding from that open port) im wondering if the open ports should be teed into the other vacuum line that runs to the top of the wastegate? It’s been hard to find actual information of the ports on the wastegate not just vacuum hose diagrams.
Largeski is offline   Reply With Quote