View Single Post
Old 07-03-2024, 10:17 AM   #17 (permalink)
Spaghetti999
Base Member

Drives: JDM
Spaghetti999 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty View Post
I'm trying to figure out where that rub ring on the outer edge of the pressure plate came from.

Looks like the cutch cylinder is the wrong one for the stack height of the flywheel, disk, and pressure plate.
Yes, I wonder what could have been rubbing on the pressure plate to cause that ting

Maybe the JWT CSC isn't compatible with the Z1 Clutch kit...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by phunk View Post
I would send the pics to JWT to ask why that collar would come off the CSC and be stuck to the clutch disk spline hub like that. Perhaps its from over extension. Or perhaps the plate was wobbling around if the hardware was coming out. I think I would have needed to see everything as it was before removing any of it other than the trans to even attempt and diagnose.

The 2 top bolts for the trans missing would not make a difference really. The trans is aligned to the block by a pair of dowel pins, so those bolts being gone isnt going to cause a misalignment.

Clutch kit appears reusable, but I would inspect further. CSC kit appears to need repair/rebuild/replacement.
You guys really know your stuff...I reached out to JWT 3 months ago and their exact suspicions were just that... that the CSC was possibly overextending which can lead to unpredictable symptons/damage.

What exactly does this mean? Is the JWT CSC just not compatible with Z1's kit?

I will not be reusing the original clutch kit- and will be moving to a CMAK from zspeed

I will have it looked at by someone- maybe I can keep the Z1 clutch kit for future use or resale at low cost if it's even still good?
Spaghetti999 is offline   Reply With Quote