Thread: 2024 Formula 1
View Single Post
Old 06-24-2024, 11:49 AM   #111 (permalink)
ZCanadian
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2013 370Z
ZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond reputeZCanadian has a reputation beyond repute

Max is a machine.

Great to see the Mercs finally doing something again, albeit as two individuals and not really a team. And speaking of teams that are really made up of two individuals who have no interest in collaboration, Ferrari at least uncharacteristically avoided screwing itself with strategy.

No idea what happened to Aston Martin. The track favoured Alpine but I'm not sure this is a trend. Cash App Visa RB is certainly hoping it isn't - that's a race they would soon like to forget!

Lando is where he belongs based on his performances lately, up to #2 in driver standings. He shouldn't be upset about not winning that race. It may take a bit more maturity to have realized that a first corner attack on Max in a 66-lap race was not the best strategy for the win. Very few races are won on the first corner, but a whole lot of them are lost there! Great move by George though! They screwed him on the whites mid-race but I wonder if they figured they could make a one stop work? No data on hard tires in those conditions and even though they have tested extensively here for years, it's always been in March, not late June.

I liked the commentator trio for the race. Karun and Bernie bring some great experience to the mix and check Croft's tendency to over-exaggerate things or mis-speak because he likes the sound of his own voice. He's great at adding excitement to a race call, but seems to be missing the depth in analysis that the other two provide.

On balance, a good race from start to end because of just enough interesting bits in the middle.
ZCanadian is offline   Reply With Quote