View Single Post
Old 06-22-2024, 11:08 AM   #1033 (permalink)
gbrettin
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Tricycle
gbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond repute

Cut out a few Nissan emblems with a bandsaw and then used a belt sander to remove excess material. One emblem was scuffed up and it's looking pretty dang good. I need to test the emblem on my old bumper to see if it fits good. I may have to 3d scan the bumper later so I can have a small spot to test instead of having a bumper floating around my garage.

An excerpt from IG@gbrettin:
Got one DSS axel in, not for a lack of effort. The supplied m10 x 1.5 bolts were too large. So, I grabbed the old axel and brought it to the hardware store to get the correct m10 x 1.25 bolts, they only had 3. Drove to the other hardware store on the other side of town to get the rest.

After that, an attempt to thread the new bolts in was made... and they don't fit. Previously I purchased O'Reilly's stub axels that went into the new differential. I found out that the thread pitch was in freedom units instead of metric...

Went back to the hardware store near me to get new 3/8-26 bolts and they only had 8, I needed 12. Nope, not running to the other side of town again �� that's a different day problem to get more bolts.
----

After the bolts were situated for the axel, I was able to get the IDS shock assembled and into the rear of the car. The alignment shop is likely going to hate me because I know the alignment is going to be whack. Upside... the bolts should be easy to work with because they're new.

To sum it all up for the rear (another clip from IG):
IDS drag shock installed that is 1000whp valved with all SPL spherical bushings and suspension components. 1400whp DSS axels paired with a Winters Quick Change that can handle 1500whp+. All the components have been paired to handle high whp in the name of safety. The cherry on top, it looks really bad ***.

Last edited by gbrettin; 06-22-2024 at 11:13 AM.
gbrettin is offline   Reply With Quote