View Single Post
Old 06-20-2024, 10:17 AM   #1032 (permalink)
gbrettin
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Tricycle
gbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond repute

Decided to knock out my brake lines yesterday. I was going to bend hard line but it to be a head ache to adapt from Japanese to Domestic thread pitches. The lay out I had previously was on the right track, everything was -3an line and I already had all the -3 conversions done. SO, I ran with it.

It doesn't look like much but I'm REALLY happy with the lines because packaging can get unruly. Rare earth magnets were used to keep the lines from flopping around. The -3an lines were changed to black rubber coated braided line so that they don't chew through the paint (like last time).

Measuring out the lines was pretty straight forward. Sting was used and then measured so that I would have accurate length. Then after each run and measurement, I looked up to see if Lane Automotive (it's like Summit or Jegs) had the desired length in their pre-made section on their website.... then I made a few trips out to Lane Automotive... because it's plumbing and one trip is never enough.

gbrettin is offline   Reply With Quote