View Single Post
Old 06-19-2024, 05:01 PM   #10 (permalink)
Averying
Enthusiast Member

Drives: '09 370Z, '03 G35
Averying has a reputation beyond reputeAverying has a reputation beyond reputeAverying has a reputation beyond reputeAverying has a reputation beyond reputeAverying has a reputation beyond reputeAverying has a reputation beyond reputeAverying has a reputation beyond reputeAverying has a reputation beyond reputeAverying has a reputation beyond reputeAverying has a reputation beyond reputeAverying has a reputation beyond repute
Default Burned out power steering pump or rack?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jman497 View Post
Woah this is super interesting to hear. I was having a similar issue with my GTM car so i just changed over to an Electric power steering pump. Which hose is the Suction hose? The High pressure hose? Also how did you drive 90 mins with no fluid? I left my OEM pump on drove home 15 mins and that thing was smoking like Crazy!!! thought it was going to catch on fire.

What were ur symptoms of bad power steering?

the suction hose is the one that pulls from the reservoir (hose from reservoir to the inlet of the PS pump where the suction fitting is.) mine was constantly pulling air into the system which is why I couldn’t bleed it.

I burst the PS high pressure hose at an autocross event (it rubbed against the part of the chassis and ended up splitting open). I had no fluid in the reservoir at all… drove home 90 min anyway..

I’ll post pics of the faulty GTM part this weekend

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2009 Sport Touring | Platinum Graphite | GTM Stage 1 Supercharger | BC BR Coilovers | Hotchkis Swaybar | Z1 FUCAs | AME TM-02 Wheels | Z1 2-piece Front Rotors | Z1 Clutch & Flywheel | Invidia Gemini Catback | GTM Resonated Test Pipes

Last edited by Averying; 06-19-2024 at 05:29 PM.
Averying is offline   Reply With Quote