View Single Post
Old 06-18-2024, 11:43 AM   #4 (permalink)
Spooler
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2013 Nismo 370z
Spooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tractionless View Post
Yes I realized later in the day after I posted these variables would help the diagnosis so I edited the OP with the info. below as well for the archives.

OE subframe bushings with Z1 collars, diff. brace bolted to the subframe, and Whiteline poly diff bushings.

As you've probably noticed I was doing a VR30 trans swap recently and checked the diff. bolts and brace bolts when under the car., all tight Additionally, the noise was present with both transmissions. Really sounds like a loud "ping" as if you hit the diff housing with a substantial hammer.
Yeah, I have had that sound too. Check your axle nuts. One of mine was loose but they are DSS axles with no Locks on the nuts. I have to check them from time to time. It turned out it was a U-joint in my driveshaft. I have a new DSS Carbon fiber driveshaft now.
Spooler is offline   Reply With Quote