View Single Post
Old 06-10-2024, 04:49 PM   #4 (permalink)
Andrew's Z
Base Member

Drives: 2012 Nissan 370Z
Andrew's Z is on a distinguished road

Thank you for all your input everyone and the alternative recommendations!

I reached out to P2M directly and they provided the response below, for those that might be in the same predicament as me. FYI

------------RESPONSE-------------
That’s for reaching out, you brought out a VERY GOOD VALID question.

Let me explain that all front lower tie brace (other names: front ladder brace, under brace, front subframe lateral brace etc.) main purpose is to “box in” the front cross member to the left and right main frame of the chassis.

If you look carefully at the front subframe, almost all vehicles are the same, *where front subframe runs laterally across left and right side of the main frame.* This is where the engine is positioned with engine mounts etc.* The purpose of front lower brace is to add additional reinforcement of the left and right main frame where front cross member bolts to, in a way it’s like adding 2 lateral braces to the front left/right main frame (one being the front subframe, and 2nd*one with the front lower tie bar) .* You can call this a double bracing of the front left and right main frame, or you can call it a box “H” brace to the front.* Regardless, by adding the front lower brace, it will help to reinforce the front frame just like adding on a front strut bar on top of the engine bay (front strut bar helps reinforce the top, front lower tie bar helps to reinforce the front end bottom).

Now, the side stay brackets that were removed, the test car that was used when developing the front lower tie bar over 10 yrs ago was rusted down severely.* Our tech side also determined that the position of the side stay brackets do not do much to the reinforcement of the front frame compared to running the front lower tie brace. It is works minimally well *for Nissan to make these cheap side stays than to make a full brace for cost reasons.* Not saying the side stay doesn’t work, they work so minimal there is no harm in removing the side stays and replace with front lower tie brace which will yield you much greater improvements.* For anyone removing the side stay brackets even without installing the front lower tie bar, you won’t feel any difference in performance handling.

So, to answer your question, in our view (our opionion), those side stay brackets are useless and you’re better off replacing with our front lower tie bar.
Wayne
P2M – Customer Relation
Phase 2 Motortrend Inc
14275 Albers Way
Chino CA 91710

-------------END-------------

Sent from my SM-S901W using Tapatalk
Andrew's Z is offline   Reply With Quote