View Single Post
Old 06-10-2024, 09:34 AM   #1030 (permalink)
gbrettin
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Tricycle
gbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond repute

This past week or so I cleaned up, scuffed, painted, removed old bushings, pressed new bushings, repainted the rear upper control arms and knuckles. Can't say the bushings were my favorite job. Getting the bushings out was REALLY tough until Rusty gave me a tip. Rusty suggested that I hole saw the bushings and slit the sleeve to get them out. After doing that they came out much easier.

Pressing the bushings didn't go great with my goliath clamp but made it work using the Goliath clamp for the upper control arms. I didn't even want to try doing that for the knuckles because that was dinging up the upper control arms. After a quick visit to Amazon, a puller kit was purchased to assist with the knuckles. That made life a lot easier.

After all that work... I'm really happy with the results. Worth it.

Over the weekend I put the brake booster back in and made a bracket for the line lock. Previously I had the line lock laying around in the car. I made use of the old mounting bracket position for the line lock which was originally for the clear view filter. I even used the access hole to install the bolts in the bottom side for the bracket.

Last thought... I really hate rolling around under the dash putting in the brake booster. It was much easier with out the driver's seat.

It's finally looking like a car again!

Next up: Bend brake lines.

gbrettin is offline   Reply With Quote