View Single Post
Old 05-29-2024, 11:27 AM   #1029 (permalink)
gbrettin
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Tricycle
gbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond repute

Z update... kind of. I've been working on home stuff and the carbon stuff.

Breaking down the OE rear subframe so I can get SPL bushings in. I had the rear rotors turned because they were practically new previously. Much cheaper than buying new. I repainted the brake booster black because it looked like garbage gray.

I bought a spray gun specifically for PVA (spray on plastic). A compression mold was completed with decent results. I didn't tamp down the material well enough and there was an air pocket in a bad spot, lame.

I attempted a vacuum layup and it didn't go well. There's a couple spots that I needed to be done different:
1.) I laid the carbon in dry. I did that so the weave didn't move everywhere. However, the carbon didn't look completely wet.
2.) I was missing the release film.
3.) They had a great technique for laying sticky tape. Ill try that.

gbrettin is offline   Reply With Quote