View Single Post
Old 05-13-2024, 09:59 AM   #1026 (permalink)
gbrettin
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Tricycle
gbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond repute

Saturday I was going to bolt the Winters Quick Change, quickly, so I could get some more room in my garage. Wrong. Nothing quick about getting that diff in. The rear mount for the subframe bracing had to be removed because the back of the unit interfered, same for the top of the trunk. I want to say that I slid the diff in and out of the rear no less than 6-7 times. That was A LOT of work rolling under the car holding awkward positions cutting. I have to say that because the pictures show a straight line progression, and that wasn't the case. It was an all day grind that spilled into the next day.

On Sunday I put the skid plate on the car which was much easier... but I was sore from the previous day. Also, I didn't hook up the steering column to the rack so a few back steps were needed. Doing the task alone, I accidently didn't have the center lined up correctly so I had to drop the front k-member twice. The brake booster was going to be installed Sunday but I noticed brake fluid lifted the paint in a few areas. I had some gray Steel-it hanging in my crash cart so I decided to paint the booster gray (looks titanium). A new order was put in for both gray and black steel-it so I can spray it black if it looks like garbage.

I'm happy with the progress this weekend... Lot of work... but happy in the end.

gbrettin is offline   Reply With Quote