View Single Post
Old 05-09-2024, 10:34 AM   #1023 (permalink)
gbrettin
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Tricycle
gbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond repute

Small update

Removed the back bumper to get dirt, formerly swamp/mud, out of the rear bumper. I think this is the last known spot for debris on the exterior. The Last spot to look will be inside the doors and I think that will be 99% of the car cleaned.

I took a moment to inspect the rear because the car went into the swamp rear first. It looks perfect! But, I wasn't really going crazy fast so I didn't expect there to be a smashed rear end. BUT... Nothing really shocks me with this car any more. I'm not use to opening up something and not being a can of worms. Well... I have to repair the trunk latch and trunk lid springs; however, that's fairly common issue.

I FINALLY put the rear wheels on the car to see what it looks like. It really feels like my vision is starting to take shape. Removing the rear spacer has always been part of the plan so that's going to bring the wheel in 25mm.

The rear was dropped out from under the car. Guess what I found... more swamp. lol. It wasn't bad compared to the other stuff.

I need to start getting the arms off and pressing SPL bushings. I think I'm going to put the Sikky Subframe in the car despite not having it fully loaded. Garage space is premium. Having the whole unit loaded up gets pretty darn heavy for driveway work too.

Last edited by gbrettin; 05-09-2024 at 11:24 AM.
gbrettin is offline   Reply With Quote