View Single Post
Old 02-18-2024, 08:46 AM   #6322 (permalink)
filip00
Track Member

Drives: 370z pack
filip00 has a reputation beyond reputefilip00 has a reputation beyond reputefilip00 has a reputation beyond reputefilip00 has a reputation beyond reputefilip00 has a reputation beyond reputefilip00 has a reputation beyond reputefilip00 has a reputation beyond reputefilip00 has a reputation beyond reputefilip00 has a reputation beyond reputefilip00 has a reputation beyond reputefilip00 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by filip00 View Post
Thanks for the advice guys.

JB Weld is very thick, it can't seep in, no worries about that. I'm also thinking, since it's just a breather tube, the pressure flowing isn't too crazy, and if the tube isn't pinched, just JB Weld should be ok....right? Or am I forgetting anything?

I contacted the guys who fixed my diff to see if they'd send me a new breather tube or not, so I'll see what's the easiest option. I really wanna make sure it works well (either reinstall or fixing) because I really don't want to be dropping my diff YET AGAIN.....
Okay, so i got around to testing this damage. I just bent the tube back and it's still pinched. However, i tested pushing a plastic zip tie thru it and it goes, meaning that the tube still functions, and it's not *that* heavily pinched. So I'm definitely going to jb weld around it to seal or and that's that. I have another question though: i noticed that the base of the breather tube rotates. Is this normal, or is it broken? It doesn't rotate freely, but i can rotate it if i try.
Thanks!