View Single Post
Old 02-01-2024, 08:17 AM   #71 (permalink)
johnnydrama
Track Member

Drives: Nismo & FPace SVR
johnnydrama has a reputation beyond reputejohnnydrama has a reputation beyond reputejohnnydrama has a reputation beyond reputejohnnydrama has a reputation beyond reputejohnnydrama has a reputation beyond reputejohnnydrama has a reputation beyond reputejohnnydrama has a reputation beyond reputejohnnydrama has a reputation beyond reputejohnnydrama has a reputation beyond reputejohnnydrama has a reputation beyond reputejohnnydrama has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via ICQ to johnnydrama

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbrettin View Post
Wild to see so many Z owners regret selling or come back to the Z platform entirely.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cv129 View Post
Better yet, with the list of car he went onto, and still got love for the Z (although he went back to his own creation)…Lifetime needs to make a movie on this haha.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spooler View Post
It's not new. Every time I sold one of my older Z's (260z or 280z) within a year I needed another one. I still have one today. My 1975 280zt. It's a love/hate relationship with that car. Still won't sell it though. LOL
I wouldn't say I regretted selling the car, and I certainly loved the other cars I owned as well. I'm a car guy, I love them all and would own them all if that was feasible. I definitely put more time, effort, and money into the Nismo 370Z than I have any other car which gives it more sentimental value. It wasn't planned to buy this car back, the new owner reached out to me expressing interest to sell the car back to me specifically and was looking for a quick & easy deal. I'm not going to share what I paid for the car, however it's much less than I sold it for years ago with only 5k more miles on it and it is worth considerably more on the open market. I've purchased it back with the intent to keep forever, however you never know.

What I have missed most about the car is the ability to work on it easily. Most of the other cars I have owned were too complex or expensive to work on so even for general maintenance I would take to a specialty shop. When I sold the Z, I didn't realize how much I would miss just going out to the garage and tinkering with it. I did indeed miss the analog/manual/raw feel of the driving experience as well. This car is slower than my daily driver, an FPACE SVR, however it is far more of an experience to drive on a back road. My C7Z06 was a manual transmission, full bolt-on cammed car making 700+whp, and was certainly raw. It felt like you were driving a NASCAR around town. It was just too fast/capable for the street to drive/enjoy at the level the Z can provide.

The Nismo Z is just an exceptional value, and under appreciated drivers car IMO. Sometimes you don't know what you have, until it's gone.

I already have placed a large order with Z1 for some more goodies for the car and I can't wait to work on it getting it ready for the driving season!
johnnydrama is offline   Reply With Quote