View Single Post
Old 01-26-2024, 10:28 AM   #52 (permalink)
gbrettin
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Tricycle
gbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond reputegbrettin has a reputation beyond repute

There are some 17's that will clear the sport brakes. Not sure which ones, but I have seen it.

You could do a known good 17" to clear and bead lock it for drag radials. It will be more expensive wheel and tire combo; however, I did exactly just that. As an example, I had beadlocks put on the Nismo 57cr wheel by Mac Fab. Keep in mind this setup will not work as well as a 15, but I have future plans for that. I'm going to make a drag pack brake kit utilizing TBM brakes.

Note that you can't run the same setup as what I have. My car's electronics, or lack of, is different than yours. I'm showing it as an example of custom beadlocks. You will need to do some math to figure out the rotational differences. I believe it needs to be with-in 3% for OEM. There's web sites for that.

Also, you can not drive your car if it is damp or raining. If you run over spit on the road you might spin out. It's meant for driving to the drag strip, legal enough to get you there.

I'm offering up this information in confidence that you are intending to hit the dragstrip btw. Of which, I have a nagging feeling you are not.

Last edited by gbrettin; 01-26-2024 at 10:40 AM.
gbrettin is offline   Reply With Quote