View Single Post
Old 12-13-2023, 01:33 PM   #14 (permalink)
ByThaBay
Base Member

Drives: 2015 370z
ByThaBay has a reputation beyond reputeByThaBay has a reputation beyond reputeByThaBay has a reputation beyond reputeByThaBay has a reputation beyond reputeByThaBay has a reputation beyond reputeByThaBay has a reputation beyond reputeByThaBay has a reputation beyond reputeByThaBay has a reputation beyond reputeByThaBay has a reputation beyond reputeByThaBay has a reputation beyond reputeByThaBay has a reputation beyond repute

Kudos to you for running the program - you've taken the first step to awareness!

I pulled out your data and the OEM knock threshold table then I did the math to calculate the % threshold difference. It looks like within your log data your thresholds show to have been increased on average over 55% with some areas having the threshold more than double the factory allowance! According to ecutek tuning guide here: https://ecutek.zendesk.com/hc/en-gb/...ents/204332925

Quote:
Raising these maps by 5% (or maybe 10%) will make the ECU less sensitive to knock retard but
you MUST always check for detonation with a 3rd party device.
Given that your thresholds have been raised far beyond the mentioned 5/10% I would give some serious consideration as to why and what risks are being accepted by doing this.

It's not uncommon to have issues with the knock detection system for a variety of reasons and false knock is a real thing. The key take-away here is that the less sensitive (higher threshold) the ecu is to knock, the more likely that real knock will get missed.

Screenshot 2023-12-13 113546.jpg

Last edited by ByThaBay; 12-13-2023 at 02:15 PM.
ByThaBay is offline   Reply With Quote