View Single Post
Old 09-28-2023, 04:36 PM   #351 (permalink)
cv129
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 Nismo, 16 Nismo
cv129 has a reputation beyond reputecv129 has a reputation beyond reputecv129 has a reputation beyond reputecv129 has a reputation beyond reputecv129 has a reputation beyond reputecv129 has a reputation beyond reputecv129 has a reputation beyond reputecv129 has a reputation beyond reputecv129 has a reputation beyond reputecv129 has a reputation beyond reputecv129 has a reputation beyond repute

Hmmm....

Right after the last post, under the hot sun, I applied another layer to the 1st 1/4 of the test surface. Yes I poured the chemical directly on the shiny and melty dash, right under the sun. It was hard to move the sponge initially, but I poured enough to make sure all the bumpy surface gets the chemical. I don't know why that would matter, I was hoping the chemical can bond with the layer better if things were melting.

It's been over an hour since, just went out to check again, and there's actually a distinct difference. That 1/4 area looks less shiny (although not the original matted), and it's actually dry to the touch, left no residue on my hand...while the other areas are sticky and shiny.

Sorry for the rant....

I'll leave the dash out, recheck tomorrow, see if my luck continues.