View Single Post
Old 09-18-2023, 09:51 AM   #7108 (permalink)
NecioVato
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2017 Black Nismo Z
NecioVato has a reputation beyond reputeNecioVato has a reputation beyond reputeNecioVato has a reputation beyond reputeNecioVato has a reputation beyond reputeNecioVato has a reputation beyond reputeNecioVato has a reputation beyond reputeNecioVato has a reputation beyond reputeNecioVato has a reputation beyond reputeNecioVato has a reputation beyond reputeNecioVato has a reputation beyond reputeNecioVato has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtec to vvel View Post
The "mechanics" are nothing new and from previous models. The engine is from the Q60 Red Sport. The doors are identical to the 370Z. The car looks ugly in pictures, and uglier in person. I sat in one at a dealership and was not in the least impressed with it.

The car feels like Nissan scrambled at the 11th hour to produce something just to protect their market share.

When Nissan took a hiatus after the 300ZX, the 350Z was a success due to the time they took to really come out with an innovative product, while building anticipation. IMO, Nissan should have taken some time off after the 370Z and go back to the drawing board and start from scratch. Their timing is also bad, when inflation/borrowing costs are going up.
Definitely agree that the timing was WAY off - the beginning of the pandemic, the shortages that we were all seeing and knew it would affect the overall delivery of the product. Once the product has been received - now we are dealing with markups - which is kinda insane when you think about it - bc this is supposed to be a car that will help rejuvenate interest in NISSAN vs turn people off - like it has (if you ask me). Not only that - but if you can offer this car without the markups - then you can compete against Toyota Supra bc personally it feels like this car can't compete with it on performance; but probably could on price.

The thing is though - I feel if they would have waited - it would have never happened. Part of me feels like - maybe they should have done a 'small refresh' like take the 370z and drop a VR30 in it with all the supporting mods and look to add a larger screen with Apple Car Play. Speaking for myself - that is ALL I was looking for. The new design I don't hate but I keep hearing that its more like a cruiser and less like a sports car - if that is the case - then yeah, I'm out. The Nismo definitely isn't helping things by being AUTO only SMH.

Oh well - you get the point - /rant.
NecioVato is offline   Reply With Quote