View Single Post
Old 09-13-2023, 08:11 PM   #7104 (permalink)
vtec to vvel
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 13 Z
vtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond reputevtec to vvel has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by nis350 View Post
We're definitely living in an extraordinary time. Powell has obviously lost the battle against inflation. He has probably another 25 to 50 basis point hike, but that isn't going to fix anything near term. Inflation is still red hot and everything has gone up so much in the last few years.

I personally don't know how and when this is going the end, but I have a bad feeling that it won't end well. Perhaps something like 2008/2009 when one can pick up an 360 for $65K.

Sorry for the off topic discussion...
The 25 to 50 bps increases are typical. The 4 75 bps bumps in 2022 were not normal.

One of the biggest differences from late 2000's to now is regulation, esp. in the mortgage lending/housing industry, which is why I don't understand why people think there will be another housing crash (completely different market then vs now and with alot more regulation).