View Single Post
Old 09-04-2023, 03:30 PM   #1587 (permalink)
MZ DAIZY
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Miss Daisy
MZ DAIZY has a reputation beyond reputeMZ DAIZY has a reputation beyond reputeMZ DAIZY has a reputation beyond reputeMZ DAIZY has a reputation beyond reputeMZ DAIZY has a reputation beyond reputeMZ DAIZY has a reputation beyond reputeMZ DAIZY has a reputation beyond reputeMZ DAIZY has a reputation beyond reputeMZ DAIZY has a reputation beyond reputeMZ DAIZY has a reputation beyond reputeMZ DAIZY has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtec to vvel View Post
Paranoia is getting the better of me. I've read not to overtighten, but now reading under-torquing has its downsides to. 15 ft. lb. is the torque spec, and what I did was hand-tighten and then did a 1/8 of a turn with a ratchet. Should this be fine?
You'll be fine. If it helps you sleep at night, drive it for a couple days (a week) and check them again, but you're being paranoid. Or... You could do what JNews said and buy yourself a cheapy (harbor freight) torque wrench. It'll come in handy if you ever want to rotate your own tires.

Last edited by MZ DAIZY; 09-04-2023 at 03:38 PM.
MZ DAIZY is offline   Reply With Quote